What's new in the wonderful world of willow...
Upcoming Events in Celebration of National Bioenergy Day - Oct. 17, 2013
October 17, 2013 marks the first-ever National Bioenergy Day. Events will be held across the country to celebrate bioenergy and its many environmental and economic benefits on the local, state and national levels.
In Northern New York, New York Biomass Energy Alliance (NYBEA) will be sponsoring events open to the public to promote and educate about the bioenergy industry. Activities include a tour of four bionergy sites as well as a shrub willow harvest demo, a tour of various biomass projects, and guest speakers.
Tour of four commercial bionergy sites
For those planning to attended please RSVP to
Alice Brumbach at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found here
Additional events open to the public will be held at Clarkson University on Oct. 17, 2013
- 1 pm - Student Center at Clarkson University in Potsdam - biomass tour demos
- 2:15 pm - Poster session and reception of regional biomass projects
- 3 pm - Speech by Dr. Mark Bryden, program director of the U.S. Department of Energy Ames Laboratory Simulation, Modeling and Decision Science Research Program
- 3:45 pm - Speech by manager Ellen Burkhard, NYSERDA's biomass combustion programs
- 4 pm - State and regional biomass energy researchers and developers panel discussion
For more information, contact Alice Brumbach at 607-316-3437, email@example.com
The original press release can be found here.
We need your help!
Give us your input and help us choose a name for the latest shrub willow cultivar.
Take the survey here.
For more information, contact Dr. Larry Smart (firstname.lastname@example.org).